5 Awesome Wine Gift Basket Ideas for 5 Awesome Personalities
With these wine gift basket ideas you'll be sure to make a great addition to parties, birthdays, and anniversaries. Who wouldn’t want to win a beautiful arrangement of wine, snacks, tools and other goodies? No need to spend a lot of money at a fancy shop. You can make a beautiful basket at a fraction of the cost and customize it to fit your needs. Here’s how to build the perfect gift basket for a wine lover - whether they are a techie, into green living or any of a variety of other personality types.
Need a gift for a gadget loving friend? Know someone who is drawn to anything that has a technological slant to it? Then make a basket for tech lovers. Yes, wine is incredibly modern and has entered the digital age. Here's what to include:
- An updated list of the best wine apps out there. And, to help them out, a gift card to their favorite app store.
- A sleek looking wine thermometer to make sure that wine is always served at the best temperature.
- A cool gadget like a wireless electric wine bottle opener.
- Another cool gadget like a self balancing scooter
If you have a Dr. Who lover in your life, someone who loves sci-fi or science, or reminds you of the characters on The Big Bang Theory, consider putting together a Geek Chic wine gift basket that includes a selection of these items:
- Star Trek Fans will love this Chateau Pickard tee from ThinkGeek.
- If your geek prefers Skywalker to Spock they need an R2D2 wine stopper, of course!
- An Ehrlenmeyer Flask decanter will make any geek smile.
- You’ll be sure to get an invite to the next Dr. Who marathon if you include these wine charms or Tardis etched wine glasses in a geeky wine gift basket.
- Video gamers will love sipping from these glasses before starting an epic game of classic Mario, Tetris or pulling out their Atari 2600 for some Pitfall.
Instead of the standard check, spend a little money on creating the perfect wine gift basket for the newlyweds in your life. Complete with some beautiful touches celebrating the happy couple you’ll start their marriage off right with these romantic gifts.
- Consider starting with a personalized, beautiful wine box that will hold three bottles. This box holds three bottles. Have it shipped to you and use packing materials and start them with two bottles. Then add a few of these suggestions.
- Hop onto Etsy and order custom etched wine glasses. Whether you go stemless and monogrammed, commemorate their engagement or wedding date, or personalize their Mr. and Mrs. status becoming official, you can’t go wrong with a personal touch.
- Also found on Etsy, consider some custom-made wine charms with pictures of the couple through their relationship or, for a post-wedding gift, at the wedding.
Got a wine lover on your gift list who’s also a music lover? Consider merging their passions into some music-inspired wine ware for the perfect wine gift basket for the music lover in your life:
- Add some kitsch to their wine drinking with this set of musical wine glasses.
- Add a few music-themed wine charms to the basket, or some love quotes for him, to keep the theme going.
- While not proven by science, many think there are certain types of music that go with certain varietals of wine, consider burning a disc or making a digital playlist to go along with the bottles you’ll put in the basket. If nothing else, your music lover will be psyched at the idea of some new tunes.
Lots of people are going green these days. Help your enviro-friendly, wine lover friend hug a few trees with a gift basket that matches his values.
- Select bottles from winemakers that value leaving as little of a footprint as possible. The best way to do this is to talk to your local wine shop and stress that you would like a local wine - the shorter the trip, the less of a footprint.
- Check out cortizza.com for great packaging ideas like this two-bottle tote made from cork. Purchase a few other goodies from the site (like cork coasters) and your gift is recyclable and made from low impact materials.
- These glasses made from recycled glass will add a beautiful, sturdy touch to any eco-friendly wine gift basket.
Some Final Tips For a Perfect Wine Gift Basket
Now that you have an idea of great gifts for people on your list, here are some tips to help you put together the perfect basket:
1. Opt for functional packaging
Opt for functional packaging rather than use a basket, think about something that might come in handy around the house. Not only is this a cheaper option but it will also give the receiver something they can reuse - unlike a basket.
Best options include silicone tubs that are perfect for filling with ice at parties, a picnic basket that can be reused all of the time, or a reusable insulated grocery tote. Large grocery stores will have a variety of options in different colors and patterns to help you begin creating the perfect basket.
2. Provide some variety
Select 3-4 Bottles Of Wine Unless noted in the description, this is the perfect amount for a wine gift basket.
3. Don't forget the munchies
Don't forget the munchies that complement wines you've selected. Have some fun by going online and researching the best compliments in cheese, meats, chocolate and fruit. Rather than stick with one, select 1-2 for each bottle and arrange them in the basket. Create handwritten tags or develop a document you can print on high quality paper explaining what snacks to pair with which wines to show the effect wine and foods can have on each other.
4. The essential tools of the trade
Head to your local shops and pick up a few tools that every wine drinker should have in their home. While some suggestions are listed with baskets, these are the types of things all wine lovers will appreciate:
5. Cellophane Wrap
Use clear cellophane wrap and set your basket on top of it before pulling it up and over. A simple bow tied with rattan adds a nice touch to your basket.
Creating a wine gift basket on your own, rather than purchasing one online or at a local shop, allows you to create a completely personalized gift. What are the items you would want to find in a wine basket someone gave to you?